At Centre Grove, we want to be a blessing to others. Here are three specific ways to help others this holiday season.
Provide Materials to Help With Disaster Relief and Recovery!
Mission Central, a disaster relief agency located in Mechanicsburg, PA provides Cleaning Kits and Health Kits (among other things!) to areas hit hard in recent storms and floods, including right here in Pennsylvania. You can help by donating materials for the kits. Drop them off Centre Grove or make a financial contribution that will provide cleaning kits and health kits.
Here’s the list of items needed for Health Kits:
- 1 hand towel 15” x 25” to 17”x 27” kitchen (cleaning and microfiber towels not acceptable)
- 1 washcloth
- 1 comb (comb needs to be sturdy and at least 8” long; no pocket combs or picks please; rattail combs and combs without handles are acceptable)
- 1 metal nail file or clipper (no emery boards or toenail clippers please)
- 1 bath size soap (3 oz. and larger sizes only all brands are acceptable; do not remove from original packaging)
- 1 toothbrush (adult size only do not remove from original packaging)
- 6 adhesive bandages (¾” to 1″ size common household band aids)
- $1.00 to purchase toothpaste-in separate envelope
Assembly Directions: Set the $1.00 for toothpaste aside to be included in a separate envelope. Lay out the hand towel flat on a table. Lay the washcloth flat in the center of the hand towel. Place all remaining items on top of the wash cloth. Fold over the sides of the hand towel to cover all of the items. Fold over one end of the hand towel so that it covers all of the items. Grasp the bundle of items tightly and roll over the remainder of the hand towel tightly. Place the tightly rolled bundle in the plastic bag. Remove as much air as possible and seal the bag.
Support Operation Christmas Child
Centre Grove is filling shoeboxes as part of Operation Christmas Child. You can either fill a shoebox yourself and/or make a financial contribution to help the youth group fill shoeboxes. This Sunday (11/6), the youth will collect money to go shopping during the afternoon. Money is also needed to cover shipping ($7 per box). Brochures/Labels, with more info, are available in the church office. They’re also available online.
Give Gifts for the Children of the United Methodist Home for Children
Please see the list outside the church office or look for it in the latest church newsletter. It’s also currently listed on the Home’s website. There’s a box at the parking lot entrance marked “Children’s Home Christmas Donations.” Please place your donations in the box no later than November 27.
For more info on any of these (or other) opportunities, call the Centre Grove church office at 765-6031 between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m., Monday-Friday. Thanks for your generosity!